skip to main content

Call now  (289) 799-6400

Legal representation in Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) matters

Published: Dec 6, 2021

The only people who are authorized to act for others for pay when dealing with IRCC are members of a Provincial Law Society or of the federal government's regulatory body for immigration consultants. Over the years there have been several federal regulatory bodies for immigration consultants. All have been dissolved for one reason or another. The current regulatory body (as of November 23, 2021) is the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC – which will invariably be referred to as "sick"). No one else is authorized to even give advice for pay.

IRCC's rules and procedures have exploded in complexity and disorganization in the last few years. You can check on the web sites of the various Provincial Law Societies and CICC who is a member. Do not take advice or ask for help from anyone else, even if the service is offered for free.

Back to all news

Recent News

Immigration Law in Canada is constantly changing. Stay up to date with the most recent news pertaining to Citizenship and Immigration Canada laws and regulations.

Sep 21, 2022
Scheduling of hearings at the Immigration and Refugee Board

The Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) has four branches. They are the Immigration Division (ID), Refugee Protection Division (RPD), Refugee Appeal D...

Read More
Sep 13, 2022
New Online Refugee Claims Portal

Effective September 13, 2022, people who want to make refugee claims from within Canada must use a new online service. This new online service replace...

Read More
Sep 2, 2022
Mandatory online filing for all permanent residence applications

For several years most Economic Class applications for permanent residence have been filed online (i.e. Express Entry). It was still possible, however...

Read More