Occupation-based Invitations To Apply under Express Entry
Published: Aug 1, 2023
A few weeks ago, IRCC started to give priority to a few limited occupation categories when issuing Invitations To Apply under Express Entry. Priority is also being given to candidates with French language proficiency. Some recent draws have been aimed exclusively at people with training and experience within specific occupations only.
According to the Globe and Mail on July 31, 2023, priority is to be given as follows:
- Science, technology, engineering and math occupations – 28% to 31% of all Invitations To Apply;
- French language proficiency – 11% to 15%;
- Specific occupations within healthcare – 9% to 12%;
- Specific occupations within the trades – 3% to 4%;
- Specific occupations in transportation and agriculture – 1% to 2%
If the Globe and Mail's numbers are right, one half to almost two thirds of all ITAs, exclusive of the Provincial Nominee Program, are to be issued based on the occupation list or French language proficiency.
Back to all news